Welcome to the Franklin Township Calendar of Events.
Choose and item in the drop downs below or search to filter the calendar.
Any events submitted via the link below will be considered for inclusion in our community calendar. Please note that community calendar notices must be from Franklin Township 501c3 non-profit organizations registered with the State of New Jersey. In addition, the following type of event listings will not be accepted: political, campaign, candidate promotion events, events with adult entertainment. Please also note that the events on the community calendar have been submitted by others, and the Township of Franklin is not responsible for the accuracy of individual items.
2017 Trails Photo Contest Deadline
- Date: 07/03/2017 (all day)
- Introduction: All trail users are welcomed to participate
Last Date to enter photos is Monday, July 3, 2017
The Franklin Township Trails Advisory Committee (TAC) is interested in promoting trail use by the township residents. Toward that end, the TAC is continuing the following program:
Franklin Township trails have places that, when captured in a photo, could encourage others to get out and explore. To encourage expanded trail usage, the TAC is soliciting photographs taken from trails located in the township and will award a prize to the best photograph taken from each trail. Entry rules for the photography contest will be as follows:
- Entries must be received by Monday, July 3, 2017. The TAC, at its first meeting after July 3, will select a winner in each category based on the minimum contest requirements
- The photo may be submitted either:
- electronically via email to Fran Varacalli at or
- as a printed copy delivered to the Trails Advisory Committee, Municipal Building, 475 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873.
- Each photo must be clearly identified as to the trail from which it was taken and the date taken. The submitted photo does not have to be taken in 2017. Photos can be submitted from any year as long as the date and location of the photo are identified.
- The Trails Advisory Committee reserves the right to display entrants’ photos at Township events, such as Franklin Day 2017, CanalFest 2017, and other venues as part of this contest.
- Winners will have their photo displayed on the Township’s website and awarded a certificate and small prize (a baseball cap imprinted with “Franklin Township Trails”).
- Categories will be as follows:
- One winner from each one of the ten(10) locations listed in Table 1
- One overall winner for “Best of 2017” Photo from a Franklin Township Trail.
- Minimum Requirements for the Contest:For each trail a minimum of 2 contestants will be needed in order to award the prize for that trail.
- There is a limit of one photo per contestant per trail/location.
- Franklin Twp. reserves the right to use the contest photo entries on the Franklin Township web site and in print or promotional township items including the Township Calendar.