Welcome to our Job Postings Center. Here you will find all open potions with the Township of Franklin. To be notified of job opportunities please visit our E-Notification Center.
PLEASE NOTE:WE ARE AWARE OF AN ISSUE SOME USERS MAYBE EXPERIENCING WITH THE ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE PLEASE EMAIL HELPDESK@TWP.FRANKLIN.NJ.US AND REPORT YOUR EXACT ISSUE AND THE WEB BROWSER YOU WERE USING AT THE TIME OF THE ISSUE. PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ONLY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATIONS.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$37,944.56/yr.
- Posted Date:12/07/2016 1:04 PM
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general supervision, performs work involved in receiving, transmitting and recording police or fire alarms and other messages, calls and signals coming in over the fire or police emergency communication systems. Operates radios, telephones, typewriter and Dictaphone equipment. Performs typing and clerical work of average difficulty and does related work as required. Position is subject to shift work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates radio transmitters and receivers, telephones, Dictaphone equipment and other emergency communication devices.
• Receives calls coming over police or fire emergency communication systems, ambulance companies, engineering division, civil defense alerts and tests, State Highway Patrol or over Conelrad.
• Dispatches manpower and equipment to location where needed in accordance with the preconceived plans or the instructions of the supervisor.
• Maintains logs.
• Controls monitoring recording devices.
• Keeps files of all messages received and sent.
• Types messages, reports and records.
• Maintain current index of streets and annexations.
• May operate emergency power equipment in the event of a power failure.
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be familiar with Fire or Police Department rules and regulations.
• Must have knowledge of location of Township streets, buildings and location of emergency equipment and personnel.
• Must be able to operate under pressure.
• Must speak English without an accent or slurring.
• Must have good vision and hearing and be able to type and write clearly.
• Possess or be qualified to possess restricted radio/telephone operators permit.
• Must successfully complete 9-1-1- training courses.
• Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
Applications available at the Human Resources Office, Franklin Township, 475 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873 or on the Township website: www.franklintwpnj.org
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE.
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of NJ State, County and Local government must reside in the State of New Jersey unless exempted under law.