Welcome to our Job Postings Center. Here you will find all open potions with the Township of Franklin. To be notified of job opportunities please visit our E-Notification Center.
PLEASE NOTE:WE ARE AWARE OF AN ISSUE SOME USERS MAYBE EXPERIENCING WITH THE ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SYSTEM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE PLEASE EMAIL HELPDESK@TWP.FRANKLIN.NJ.US AND REPORT YOUR EXACT ISSUE AND THE WEB BROWSER YOU WERE USING AT THE TIME OF THE ISSUE. PLEASE USE THIS EMAIL ONLY FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE APPLICATIONS.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25,000.00 - $37,380.00/yr.
- Posted Date:12/18/2017
Union: AFSCME 2859 (White Collar Clerical)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under supervision of the Collector of Revenue and/or the Deputy Collector of Revenue performs general and complex municipal accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as a cashier and operates receipting/validating machines.
• Posts bills and receipts.
• Performs accounting functions, maintains and balances accounts and related ledgers.
• Reviews tax and/or water billing computations.
• Computes interest amounts.
• Researches information for tax searches.
• Files records and maintains same.
• Deals with public routinely in person or by telephone.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Requires reasoning and verbal ability to comprehend, interpret and apply contexts of law, rulings and procedures and to understand instructions of the Collector.
• Requires perceptual speed and numbers facility to review records and reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Requires dependability and attentiveness in preparing, monitoring and reviewing tax and related records.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply information re data processing reports.
• Ability to learn to operate related new data processing applications within 90 days.
• Ability to perform cashier duties accurately.
• Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with local officials, department heads, employees and the general public.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
• Ability to type effectively and accurately.
• Must possess organizational skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with others and possess an excellent telephone demeanor.
• Working knowledge and experience with computers and electronic data processing applications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have two (2) years accounting experience in a municipal tax office or three (3) years in the accounting field in a series of responsible positions or educational equivalent.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
• Telephone, personal computer, folding machine, copy machine, postage machine, fax machine, 10-key calculator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires near vision to read, examine, extract, file and prepare tax related records and reports; ability to adjust focus; eye-hand coordination, finger, and manual dexterities to operate office and business equipment, post entries to records, and to prepare correspondence and reports.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work associated with this position is performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Applications available at the Human Resources Office, 475 Demott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873 or on the Township website:www.franklintwpnj.org
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATOIN, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE.
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of NJ State, County and Local government must reside in the State of New Jersey unless exempted under law.